Friday, August 1, 2008

Last day at the lake





My parents have always had a boat since the time I was five and today they sold their boat! I have so many priceless memories of days on the lake with my family! As they family has gotten older and bigger it has been really hard to get us all together to go spend time together on the lake so the boat was just not getting used. So unfortunately today was the last day on the lake with Grandpa and Grandma for us! We had a lot of fun today we went to Huntington and basically watched Ty go on the tube! I attempted to go on the tube and it was much harder to stay off my belly than I thought, so my ride lasted all of about 15 seconds! Ty took a turn with Grandpa and Grandma and then decided he needed to go by himself. He was basically weightless on the tube so he ended up falling off and was so brave to just float there in the water and wait for someone to come get him. I was very happy to finally know for sure that the life jacket really will hold him up! He was so cute when we got him in the boat, he said, "mom it is really hard to talk under the water, I was trying to say mom help me, but I could not do it under the water." I was glad to see that he got back on the tube and did it again! He is such a trooper! Thanks for a great few days mom and dad! We love you!

3 comments:

Steph said...

my parents just sold their boat too. Sad day. It's hard with kids to use it as much as you want. Ty looks so little on the tube!

Allison said...

You are a brave mom to let him go all alone. Thinking about boating memories brought back only one thing....."MERMAID OFF THE PORT BOW. ARIAL HOW YOU DOING KID? Whoa what a swim." Remember?

Shelley Eggett said...

You guys have been busy busy!! Ty is a brave little boy to get back on the tube after getting thrown off.