Friday, August 1, 2008

Flaming Gorge Reunion






Over the 24th we headed up to Flaming Gorge for Sean's family reunion, we had so much fun! Sean, Ty and I went up a night before his family and stayed at Steinacker Lake, this was the first time the three of us have gone camping since I can remember (except of course for our nights together in the trailer tailgating)! Ty and Sean went fishing the next morning and caught some fish which Ty thought was pretty cool. The next day his family got up there and we spent the majority of the day just having fun in the mountains. The next day we went on the Dam tour which Ty loved! Then we all went river rafting which was also great fun! The day was pretty overcast and it rained on us for awhile which was a great break from the super hot days we were used to. Ty loved the rapids (or rabbits as he called them) and kept asking when we were going to go over more! Sean caught another fish literally at the very end of the river which all the kids thought was great! We played at Flaming Gorge on a great beach and Ty, Sean, Darby and Kayla did some cliff jumping. I was surprised at how much Ty loved to cliff jump especially into the water which was not warm! The kids all had a great time together as they always do and kept each other very entertained! It is amazing the creative things kids can come up with to do, oh to be a kid again!

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Ty was so awesome jumping off those cliffs into the freezing cold water over and over!!! I think I've become chicken in my very old age! : )

Kristi said...

I can send you a bigger file of the pictures if you want?! Sorry I didn't know they were so small.
Oh and funny thing about the womens clinic-we had a spot open in our group the morning of and I debated asking YOU. I told Lance I wanted to call, but didn't know if you'd really want to go with me. I'm sorry!! I should have listened to my brain!! Next year definetly!

Keera said...

Wow you got a really good picture of Sean jumping of the cliff. I am impressed

Monica said...

It was fun to see you at the family reunion! I was pretty impressed watching Ty jump off the rocks!