Friday, January 9, 2009

At home removal of the cast, NOT RECOMMENDED!





Over two hours after he began what he thought was a very simple task, the cast was finally removed! I heard him limp downstairs and I new that within a matter of minutes he would be attempting to take off his cast with a dremmel. After he had either dulled or broke every last dremmel attachment that could possibly work, he moved on to the high tech tools pictured above. I guess he figured there was very little difference in wearing the cast for one week compared to three to four weeks the doctor had told him. As you can tell from the pictures he used very appropriate sterile tools, hopefully no infection will set in! The picture does not do the incision justice, it looks so sore! I do not think he would admit it, but I think he regrets taking it off!

7 comments:

Shelley Eggett said...

What a nut! That looks so sore

The Mathews Family said...

He's going to be in tr-u-ble! hee hee! It just totally made my stomach tickle. Blech! Happy Healing!
-Jessica

Lois Brown said...

I hope it heals o.k. What a crazy boy!!!!!

Katie said...

uh.. I have to say moron! hahah

Monica said...

I don't think I'd want to see that sore in person if the picture doesn't do it justice...that is nasty. I can't believe he took off his own cast! I've never heard of anyone doing that!

Anonymous said...

SHOCKER!!!! Not...... That's my bro. Believe it or not he is very smart.....

Lance said...

Classic Lamb - garment top with jeans, zipper half-way down. Planning has never been a Lamb's strong suit.