Tuesday, December 9, 2008

GRANDMA GREAT AND MACY


This is my cute Grandma Brown. She is incredible, she has so many wonderful talents and attributes. Macy was blessed with the opportunity to share a birthday with her! My Grandma was born on her grandma's birthday and now Macy is born on her great grandma's birthday, it is so fun!
Sean and I had been going back and forth as to whether or not to give her a middle name. We just kept thinking about how a name can really affect the person you will become. So with Macy being born on her Great Grandma's birthday we decided to give her the middle name of Aileen. We had talked about it right before church and we were still a little undecided so I told Sean to surprise me! As he was up there blessing Macy he paused right before he gave her a name. I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see what was going to happen. Next thing I know I hear Macy Aileen Lamb, I was so excited, it just sounded perfect!
My Grandma has always meant so much to me! If Macy can end up with even a few of my Grandma's traits she will be perfect!

4 comments:

Lois Brown said...

How lovely! I bet that was pretty exciting for Mom as well! The dress is gorgeous and I bet it is even more so in person! Allison said that Macy is beautiful, which I can tell, but it was nice to have it confirmed, of course with you as her mother how could she be anything else other than beautiful!

I'm so glad that Allison could be there to represent us! I do wish we were closer...We were thinking of you and I love the pictures and reading your blog!

Love you, Lois

The Mathews Family said...

That is so neat! I heard him pause right before that. How interesting. It really was a very beautiful and unique blessing. She's a sweetheart! And I loved how she slept with her little arms straight above her head the whole time. I bet she's so much fun. Hope you're feeling better soon.
-Jessica

Anne Marie's Blog said...

How wonderful! Sorry I couldn't make it, but very happy a lot of others from the family did. :)

April said...

I want you to know that I sat here reading your update and crying for some reason. I guess I am so happy for you guys. All you've been through and how much are being blessed now. I hope it works out to get together tomorrow. I cant believe I havent seen her yet!