Friday, June 20, 2008

My latest project!


I have been wanting a desk to put in Ty's room for a long time now and I could never find one. So a few weeks ago I decided to go to DI to see what I could find. As far as I was concerned I felt like I had truly found a diamond in the rough with this desk! I thought that it had so much potential!


After a day of sanding and three trips to Home Depot trying to decide on a color, this was the final result! I was not too impressed with it at first. I had such high hopes and a much better vision of it in my head, and the final result did not seem to fit the image. But the second Ty saw it in his room he said, "Mom, I love it! It is perfect!" I figured he was the only one that I needed to impress and I did! So I will consider this a mission accomplished!

2 comments:

Steph said...

Very nice job. I did that with Jayli's dresser before she was born and its amazing the difference a little sanding and a coat of paint can make. Are you guys planning to come camping?

Shelley Eggett said...

That's very impressive Shelley, I really don't like doing stuff like that. It's so time consuming, Good Job!