Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sweets, The Second



Over two years ago when we lived in Salem, we had a cat named Sweets. When the time came to move we could not find her, she was nowhere to be found. Ty was so upset, that we had to tell him that Sweets ran away into the hills. Every time we would go near Salem he would beg us to go looking for Sweets. That was over two years ago that he was lost and still to this day he will talk about Sweets. So last week when he saw a lady giving away her kittens he was so excited, I could hardly say no. So now we are the proud owners of a cute little OUTSIDE kitten, Sweets (or Tiger as Sean calls him)! It took Ty awhile to get used to her, but he loves her now!
Last Sunday we could not find her. I was feeling so bad since she was supposed to stay inside until she got a little bigger but I was having none of that! Anyway we could not find her all day Sunday. Around 4:00 PM a neighbor brought her over claiming they had gotten very drunk the night before and somehow poor Sweets was trapped inside their house all night and all day. So sad, she came home terrified! I must not have felt all too bad about it because I still refuse to let her be in my house! I like Sweets, but I that does not mean I have to let her live in my house or touch her, right?

1 comment:

April said...

I am with you! You can like something, and not want to live with it. You will never see a cat in my house! If you come back to Salem, your first Sweets will come back to Ty. Is it tempting? I hope.